Sunday, September 25, 2011

Two cars I love

Some days are better than others when it comes to shooting.  Today is one of those better days.  It was like a really great day of catching a fish every time you throw your line in the river.



My 1984 Jeep CJ7 
Everyone, meet Alick Gerard, he is a musician with the Honky-Tonk Revivalists, and a mechanic.  I caught up with Alick while biking down my favorite portion of the unimproved Beltline trail and asked him for a few photographs.

Alick purchased this Jeep Kaiser CJ3a to use on his ranch as a hunting vehicle, and for now uses it to walk his dog.  Jeeps are near and dear to my heart, the Jeep pictured to the right is my most prized possession.  This is a photo I took of it on a road trip to El Paso Tx., my hometown. The gas can is a speaker.

First I stumbled across this hot looking VW in the Fairly Poplar District.
Then I bumped into this VW near the Five Points area.


After shooting the blue Volkswagen, I biked on down the road and pulled over for a water break.  Suddenly, the silence of the morning was replaced by the unmistakable sound of a VW Boxer engine.  I know this sound well, my first two cars were Beetles.  I followed the sound to a warehouse tucked away behind a street, and met these two guys working on a VW.

Keep in mind that there wasn't a VW car show anywhere that presented this string of Beetles, it was just a strange sequence of coincidences.

My first Beetle made it to the pages of Hot VW Magazine.  I really wish I could make a link to my old VW in the magazine, or even a picture of any kind, sadly I have none.  It was the Beetle that sprouted my love of automobiles, and it was my love for automobiles and photography that steered my career to shooting cars.  For years shooting automobiles for SAAB, GM, Audi, VW and Chevy.  My photographs were used in dealership brochures and PR packages.


 These two Beetles were in this shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all of your comments.