Monday, April 23, 2012

My Steampunk lamps at The Mysterium in Austin, this Sunday!

 Austin Grover Steampunk / Neo-Victorian lamp Circa 1999.
Well as it turns out I have a knack at making Steampunk and Neo-Victorian lamps.
This is actually a lamp I made in the late 1990's and had hanging on my studio wall.  While doing the Lone Star Roundup a few weeks ago, quite a lot of people told me I should show it to the "Steampunk" crowd.  Well, today I did and I think I found my new niche.

I met Sam Tyler, and she has a spot in the The Mysterium here in Austin.  She couldn't have been any nicer / helpful, and is another great  example of why Austin is such a great city to live.  It is a real nice place and has a lot of really great Steampunk glasses and an unbelievable leather corset with some crazy box hinges on it.  My great friend Liz Kennimer would love it.

Long story short I'll have a lamp in the shop there, and will have a booth this coming Sunday in their parking lot .  The address is 1806 W. 35th St. Austin Tx. 

So, everyone come out ant take a look at the examples of lamps I have in this style.  This Sunday!


What is The Mysterium ?


The Mysterium is a Neo-Victorian shop (now located inside Things Celtic) with wares appealing to Steampunks, Goths, and people who like the idea of new twists on old concepts.  The Mysterium aspires to be the store that brings neo Victoriana into your everyday life.  Not just clothing, but also homewares and general wares that will hopefully make your life a little more whimsical and a lot more fun

1806 W. 35th St. Austin Tx.